Humba is a popular dish that most Filipinos cook during special occasions such as fiesta, Christmas, birthdays, New Year and more. Listed below are the ingredients that you will need to have when you make this delicious meal called humba.
2 lbs pork belly
1 cup Pineapple juice
1 large onion, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons salted black beans
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
2 pieces dried bay leaves
1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
dried banana blossom (optional)
- Heat the cooking pot then brown the pork belly
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are soft
- Put-in the soy sauce, peppercorn, bay leaves
- Pour-in the pineapple juice and let boil. Simmer until the pork is tender. You can also add water as needed.
- Add the vinegar and wait for the mixture to re-boil. Simmer for 3 minutes
- Spoon-in the salted black beans and brown sugar then simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the dried banana blossoms and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes (optional)
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with steam rice.