Thursday, January 5, 2012

Being at Home

Written by Sherri Hicks


Being at home all day wasn’t right for me so when the kids hit an age where they were able to go to school I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I wanted to get my degree in biology and possibly work at a lab or something but I knew it was going to be a lot of work as a full time mom and wife. I’m doing it though day by day and though there have been some major challenges I feel good about where I’m headed. I love that I can get home and do my homework with my computer (we had to look up wireless internet providers by zip code to get the web at home) which means I get to spend more time with my family and less at the library. I can actually do about a third of my classes online from start to finish which makes things a lot easier – I just can’t wait to get done and start looking for a job! I love being a mom.

0 comments: