Hello folks, I am here again for another rendition of my newest food trip and that is cooking some homemade Flan. Before arriving here in the United States of America, I had no idea that Flan recipe is not originally from the Philippines but its origin is trace back to Spain. Anyways, here's my grandma's version of Flan.
You will need:
12 egg yolks
2 cans of small condense milk
1 cup of fresh milk or evaporated milk
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
pan or trays
1. Separate the egg yolk from the egg white
2. Beat the egg yolk in a huge bowl, thoroughly
3. Then pour the condense milk and mix it until well blend
4. Then pour the fresh milk or evaporated milk into the bowl and blend
5. Put vanilla extract and mix again
6. Place the sugar in the tray and put into a low heat until it caramelize
7. Pour the Flan mixture into the tray where the caramelize sugar is located
8. Since I don't own a steamer, I boil some water and place it in a huge pan and I place the tray with the flan mixture on top before placing it inside the oven. Cover the tray with foil.
9. I bake it for 1 hour and 30 minutes until its cook
10. Make sure to let the temperature cool down before placing in your refrigerator
11. Serve cold and enjoy!
I work full-time and I go to school half-time.
I have been married to the most loving, amazing, generous, romantic dude from Texas since 2006. I am a future mother in the making.
For questions about this blog, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy is valid from 04 February 2011
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org