longganisa (Filipino cured pork sausage) about a week ago. I could not be more happier because my first attempt was a success. I was able to make 2 dozens of cured pork sausage which we consumed within two days. I had follow a simple recipe which I got from my mother who is a great mentor to me when it comes to cooking. Take a long at the simple ingredients below.
1 pound ground pork
1/4 cup brown sugar
2-4 tbsp Worcester sauce.
3 tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper
1 tbsp mince garlic
1 tbsp mince onion
wax paper (cut into 4.5 inches x 3 inches)
1. Mix all ingredients and marinate for at least 3 hours.
2. Roll a small amount of the mixture in a wax paper
3. Place the rolled Filipino sausage in the freezer for 3 hours or until ready to cook
4. When you are ready to cook, heat oil in a frying pan or wok
5. Unwrap the sausage and fry in batches in hot oil until meat turns golden brown
6. Place it on a paper towel to drain any excess oil
7. Serve with rice and vinegar-garlic dip sauce
Happy cooking folks!
These sausage can be frozen until needed
Fast Forward and December is almost Here! - It feels so good to be back on my blog. I haven't really had the time to update my blogs since January because I have been quite busy. To make the story sh...
3 months ago