Monday, June 6, 2011

Escabeche


Escabeche is one of my favorite dishes from the Philippines. The preparation can vary into many different variations it depends on how you want to taste or prepare it. I am really amazed and at the same time happy because my husband likes it.

Ingredients:

1 whole piece of Tilapia fish (fried and set aside)
1 small bell pepper (green/red)
1/2 cup vinegar
2 cups water
1/2 tablespoon of garlic
1 small piece of ginger (cut into thin strips)
1 small size onion, (finely chopped)
1/2 cup brown sugar
cooking oil
1 small size carrots (cut into strips)
1 tablespoon corn starch
3 tablespoon of tomato paste (optional)


Procedures:
1. Fry the fish until cook. Then set aside.
2. In another pan, saute the garlic, ginger, onion, garlic, bell pepper.
3. Add 2 cups of water and then simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Put sugar, tomato paste and vinegar, Mix it thoroughly.
5. Make sure that before you add the corn starch that it is already diluted with 1/2 cup of water.
6. You can either pour the sauce over the fried Tilapia or place the Tilapia together with the fish.

2 comments:

tx sweetie said...

kalami sa eskabecheeee..

thanks for giving me hope in my blog about my frustration sa Microworkers... will just wait until that sacred PIN to arrive hehe..

texaswithlove1982 said...

I hope you were able to withdraw the money now!