Panlasang Pinoy but I tweak the recipe to suit my taste and needs. For instance, I added some potatoes since my husband like potatoes a lot.
2 lbs pork belly or (any kind will do)
3-4 ripe plantain, peeled and sliced
2 medium carrots, slice
2 medium potatoes, slice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 c soy sauce
3 pieces dried bay leaves
1/4 cup cane vinegar
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 cup water
salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a cooking pan.
2. Saute the garlic until it turns a little brown.
3. Add the meat and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add-in the soy sauce, water, bay leaves and ground black pepper. Let it boil and simmer for 30-40 minutes (till meat is tender).
5. Add vinegar and sugar. Cook for another 15 minutes (add water if needed).
6. Add the potatoes and carrots. Then add the banana. Cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Add salt to taste. Serve hot with rice!